When we first opened 8 years ago, our first incarnation of CrossFit was rough and ready. We invested in a budget rig, 12 of the cheapest barbells we could find and a few cow mats which we called 'flooring'.
It was simple, fun and effective and it aligned perfectly with CrossFit's 'garage gym' vibe.
Like everything though, things change over time and as our dedicated members continued to progress, so did we.
We eventually moved to a bigger location to cater for our growing CrossFit population and since then we have continued to invest heavily in upgrading both our equipment and floor space.
We now boast a 16000 ft² facility which includes:
- Reception area and 'Members lounge'
- CrossFit training area
- Sweat45 training area
- Small group training room
- Personal Training Studio
- Male and Female toilets, showers and changing areas
- Nutrition consultation room complete with InBody scanner
- Over 20 parking spaces
In addition we also have:
- 48 cardio machines including Bike Ergs, Concept 2 Rowers, Concept Ski Ergs and Assault Bikes (we can run CrossFit & Sweat45 classes simultaneously with a machine per person)
- 3 Rigs which consist of 25 individual squat racks & pull up stations
-60 Olympic barbells, male & female
- 100s of hex dumbbells, kettlebells, wall balls & slam balls
-Climbing ropes, GHDs, Pegboard and Rings
- Over 2500kg in plates
And the list goes on....
We are fortunate in that we don't need to ask our members to share equipment in any of our classes, which is a major benefit in the current climate. We are also fortunate to have a professional cleaner to ensure our facility is as clean as can be.
We know that it isn't world class facilities and equipment that make a good gym.
But it certainly helps.